Saturday, August 29, 2009

All the Leaves in my China Teapot







My son is running around with a plastic strainer on his head and he thinks it's the funniest thing. Actually, it is. Zyan has been spending time making delicious Red Pheonix tea in her little ceramic tea pot. It's a little house, and there's a cat sitting on top. Kim is doing his favorite thing- taking care of his family. He's making something, I don't know what, but it's making the whole house smell delicious. What am I doing? Enjoying this time with my family, drinking in each moment. I love this family, I love these kids, I love my amazing husband.

As I look out my window and see the billows of smoke from the fires just miles away, I am so thankful for what we have - each other. I am often surprised that I have it so good. This life is so much like a dream sometimes, it's eerie. I know it's hard, and I know it's scary, and unpredictable, frustrating, and sometimes you just can't catch your breath. True. But when I do get to stop and smell the roses, boy do they smell good.

Now don't be surprised if my next post is in 2 months and it's one long complaint, he he.








No comments: